Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Electrical connection from ceiling

Mike Dembroge wrote:
"Bob AZ" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 14, 6:45?pm, "Mike Dembroge"

While you are getting in an overhead box you might consider something
to lower the 38 amps. Are you on 110 volts or 220?

It's 220v, 1ph. I don't have 3ph in my shop space and that's not an option
for me. The planer is an Oliver 4455 with a 7.5hp motor, so it's a beast
(considering this is a move up from a dewalt bench-top model).

....snip rest of saga for brevity--in short dealing w/ commercial
electrician instead of diy ...

Actually, this might be worth consideration of a single to 3-phase
converter if this is intended to be commercial shop. In particular I
can foresee additional equipment down the road if you're really going to
be here a while...

Just a thought if you can take a couple of days to work this out and
consider longer term...