Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arthur2 Arthur2 is offline

Default Stringers again,

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 15, 6:52 pm, Weatherlawyer wrote:
On Jul 15, 2:10 pm, "Arthur2" wrote:

Trav Perks have

SAWN DRY GRADED C16 TREATED 47mm x 250mm (841536)

Is this the right stuff for a stair stringer?

I know that T & P have a timber mill quite near here and they might
plane it
for me.

What are you doing making stairs when you don't know anything about
grading timber?

I'm aware that timber is graded for structural purposes, c16,etc.

No offence but if it is going outdoors or something, that's a
different question. It's just that you don't seem au fait with either
joinery or newsgroups. Which is it?

Replacing stairs in house...

Been using ng's since 98 and this one for more than 2 years I think.

as it happens, in the past hour, I've decided to keep the existing string

That sounded very condescending but it really was a brash OP. Here is
a site that deals with grading timber:

http://www.tda.org.uk/NetBuildPro/pr...ewsview13.html

Whos talking about decking?

I don't want decking! Do you want decking? If you want decking, be sure
and ask a very big feller to do it.

snip
..........instead of getting laid when the 3 minute warning siren rang
in the Cold War...

You forgot to warn me about the risk of sexually transmitted diseases

Arthur