Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Lidl barrel jigsaw mini review

On Jul 15, 11:13 am, Stuart Noble
wrote:

It's obviously possible to produce high quality components at a fraction
of what anyone thought possible 20 years ago, so it's only a matter of
time before the brands we know either get blown out of the water or make
a feeble attempt to compete by putting their badge on even lower cost
crap like they have in other sectors.

I remember the first Makita palm sander from 30(?) years ago. We all had
a good laugh in my local tool shop. It made a lot of noise and did
little else, but it was very cheap.

Which just goes to show the importance of good management, for it
wasn't a lack of willing and capable workers; no matter how
complacent, that ruined Britain.

I remember Gilpin hammers when everyone eulogised US ones.

And Marples must have been bought out by a foreign firm judging by the
present quality compared to the little tanged (though well crafted
cutting ended) wooden handled chisels of yore.

You didn't dare let loose on them with an hammer. Imagine that.
Stupid.