Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Lidl barrel jigsaw mini review

Andy Hall wrote:
On 2007-07-14 17:59:42 +0100, Stuart Noble

On 2007-07-14 13:35:22 +0100, ":Jerry:" said:

"George" wrote in message
news
"Millan" wrote in message

snip
yes. the chap at lidl said they had quite a few returned for this
reason.
Its hard to explain but it feels like the knob inside isnt conected
anything so the variable speed isnt working. its very slack and
turns
itself
when the motor is running. Its going back. thanks george

Aldi tomorrow Sunday have a cheaper version
http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/sunday_...l_buys_pid_560

17.html

...and with that version the on/off switch isn't connected!... :~)

Probably best really....

It really is difficult to believe that, having done the difficult bit,
they can't assemble the bloody things properly.

You mean putting a motor inside and connecting a switch to it?

Maybe the robot was having an off-day

Still, what does it matter if the price is low enough?

It's obviously possible to produce high quality components at a fraction
of what anyone thought possible 20 years ago, so it's only a matter of
time before the brands we know either get blown out of the water or make
a feeble attempt to compete by putting their badge on even lower cost
crap like they have in other sectors.
I remember the first Makita palm sander from 30(?) years ago. We all had
a good laugh in my local tool shop. It made a lot of noise and did
little else, but it was very cheap.