Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sealing driveway? If it's been done before do I need to reseal?

sealed driveways last longer well looking good. the home next to where
I grew up has a over 50 year old asphalt driveway, till recently it
looked great. The homeowner must be in his 80s and is having troubles
physically and cant maintain it like he used too.

My asphalt driveway was new in 1985 or 1986 and looks good, it gets
sealed every few years.

the sealer prevents water from entering the small cracks which leads
to failure.

I think its money well spent.

owning a home means theres stuff to be maintained and sealer is fairly
cheap in comparison with a brand new driveway