Posted to rec.woodworking
spaco spaco is offline

Default Electrical connection from ceiling

Get ready for sticker shock on the 50 amp twist lock!!!
Pete Stanaitis
-------------------

Mike Dembroge wrote:
Thanks for the info. I'll look up what Leviton has. My planer draws 38
amps, so this is on a 50-amp circuit which I'm hoping won't make it more
difficult to find.

Thanks again,

Mike

"dpb" wrote in message ...

Mike Dembroge wrote:

What is the best way to make an electrical connection froma ceiling
mounted outlet to machinery that is located in the center of a shop? I
have a large planer that is going into the center of my shop and need to
run power to it from above. There is a metal beam 11 feet from the floor
in the area and I've attached a piece of unistrut to this beam to extend
over the planer.

I you can't feasibly supply power under floor, I use the hanging locking
plug and let the socket hang from the ceiling above head height, so if
there is reason to disconnect and move the equipment can walk upright w/o
dodging or running into it.

Something like Leviton 2320/2321 is 20A version, they're also available in
30A if needed...