Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Electrical connection from ceiling

Mike Dembroge wrote:
What is the best way to make an electrical connection froma ceiling mounted
outlet to machinery that is located in the center of a shop? I have a large
planer that is going into the center of my shop and need to run power to it
from above. There is a metal beam 11 feet from the floor in the area and
I've attached a piece of unistrut to this beam to extend over the planer.

I you can't feasibly supply power under floor, I use the hanging locking
plug and let the socket hang from the ceiling above head height, so if
there is reason to disconnect and move the equipment can walk upright
w/o dodging or running into it.

Something like Leviton 2320/2321 is 20A version, they're also available
in 30A if needed...