Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Dembroge Mike Dembroge is offline

Default Electrical connection from ceiling

What is the best way to make an electrical connection froma ceiling mounted
outlet to machinery that is located in the center of a shop? I have a large
planer that is going into the center of my shop and need to run power to it
from above. There is a metal beam 11 feet from the floor in the area and
I've attached a piece of unistrut to this beam to extend over the planer.

I'm thinking of a whip and a "chinese finger" or some such, but I'm not sure
what they're officially called. I've googled and looked at the grainger
catalog, but haven't found what I'm looking for yet.

Thanks
Mike