Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default GE Side by Side Freezer Problems

"Goldlexus" wrote in message
The freezer is now mostly empty. It opens easier than the refrigerator
side. There is some resistance but not much,
in comparison to the refrig. side, the refrig. side needs a bit more tug
to open it. The freezer side will pop open a slight bit when the refrig.
side is closed normally.
(normal around here is a slight slamming as oppose to gentle closing).
I hear normal sounds in the freezer i.e. a fan running. I cleaned out
behind it and under it. It wasn't too dirty since I do clean around it
every few months or so. There is no water any where. There is naturally
some condensation around the ice maker (well not naturally but being as we
are having some thawing issues it is natural to have the condensation due
to loss of cooling).
What else could I try....To confirm or deny a bad gasket?

When you leave it alone for a while, what temperature does it reach?
I doubt it is a bad gasket; it probably just isn't cooling adequately.