Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default GE Side by Side Freezer Problems

"Goldlexus" wrote in message
Last night we noticed the Ice-cream from the freezer was soft. In further
inspection we
found the bread, OJ and few other things in the freezer also soft. The ice
in the ice maker
was also sticking together. The Freezer door is getting pushed open when
the refrigerator
side gets closed. So we push the freezer door closed but it doesn't seem
take much effort to
open when we go to open it again. I think the freezer itself is running
fine. It is cold in there.
We have it set to the highest setting (9)(turned it up last night from 7)
and pushed the door
closed last night before going to bed to see it the ice-cream, bread and
oj would freeze back
up. They were still soft this morning Will a bad gasket cause the
thawing of these items? Even
after pushing the door closed? What are some things we could do to 'test'
it to make sure it
is a gasket problem?
If the gasket is bad would we feel cool air coming out from around the
door? Cause we don't.
The refrigerator is only 5 years old. We are hoping it is just a gasket
and not failing freezer.

First of all, throw the thawed stuff out. Saving $10 isn't worth food
poisoning.
Now with the freezer largely empty, does it still open freely?