Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Lawn concerns

In article
,
"ythread" wrote:

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
..
.
In article , dpb wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:
Top 1/4 to 1/2 of my grass in many areas is brown with the bottom
half
or so green. Growing well. Any suggestions?

Sharpen mower.

2 week old, right out of the box Craftsman. Also, the same problem
in a section that my neighbor mows with another mower. Does that still
sound likely or should I consider something else before I go yell at
Sears about the blade?

You could just check the blade.

The tops don't look (to me anyway) like they were pulled, they
aren't ragged. Short of cutting off a finger, what is a good way to
check the blade under these circumstances.

I was wondering. Have you had a lot of rain? We had 47 consecutive days of
rain. I was listening to the radio and it said to expect brown spots on your
yard from the fungus.

That was one of my concerns. We had a wet week or so, but nothing
really for the last couple of weeks or so. I water the lawn, but start
it around 4 am so not much time to just sit there and get fungus going.
Also, it is fairly well distributed including the areas that are always
watered well after sun up.
Thanks for the advice.