Posted to rec.woodworking

Default wood for grilling planks

"Jimmy" wrote in message
. net...
What woods are good for grilling planks and how thick should they be?
Looked at the local borg and they had western cedar, two planks,, for $8.
I know Alder is another one. Also, how long to soak them in water? The
ones at the borg said one hour, but that doesn't seem very long for
something going into a grill at 350 degrees.
I read the directions on the ones at the borg, but just couldn't bring
myself to spend that much for them.

Thanks for any info.
Jimmy

If you don't believe the instructions about soaking the wood for an hour,
why would you believe anything we tell you?

Experiment and do as you see fit.