Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default screw heads

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
nk.net...
Eigenvector wrote:

Yeah I've already done that. Already thinking about putting an

order in and
ditching those cheapies I picked up at the Borgs.

Smart move.

SFWIW, I standardized on S/S years ago.

Lew

So how does an operation like McFeely's work? Do they make their own
screws or resale them from another vendor? One reason for going to a
place like that is to avoid the imports, but I don't want to trade one
cheap screw for another?

McFeeley screws does not manufacture screws. They buy and package and sell.
At various times as noted in their catalog some screws are imported.
Imported is just fine as long as the quality remains high. I doubt
McFeeleys would sell a "wood" screw that is less than desirable.