Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric9822 Eric9822 is offline

Default gas ranges - DCS vs Viking vs Wolf?

On Jul 13, 1:09 pm, "Rootworker" wrote:
I'm remodeling my kitchen and have decided to splurge on a pro-style (zero
clearance) 30" range. The main contenders seem to be DCS, Viking and Wolf.
I'm leaning toward the DCS, but would welcome any feedback from folks with
first-hand experience with any of the above. Thanks.

Joe

I have a Wolf. Pluses a
Looks great
Burner control is great
Heavy Duty Construction

Minuses a
Major pain to keep the cooktop clean with all its nooks and cranny's.
VERY sharp edges on the bottom and the back of the unit. I sliced my
finger pretty good when I was putting it in place. Wear gloves when
you install it if you decide to go that route.
If you install the stainless steel backsplash/shelf unit be very
watchful of putting pots and pans to far back on the rear burners. I
have nice burn marks on my backsplash to demonstrate why.
I initially had a lot of soot buildup in the oven that required
frequent cleaning. Turned out the installed orifice was the wrong
size and the gas was not burning properly. Once I replaced the
orifice the soot buildup went away.