Posted to alt.home.repair
M Q M Q is offline

Default gas ranges - DCS vs Viking vs Wolf?

Rootworker wrote:

I'm remodeling my kitchen and have decided to splurge on a pro-style (zero
clearance) 30" range. The main contenders seem to be DCS, Viking and Wolf.
I'm leaning toward the DCS, but would welcome any feedback from folks with
first-hand experience with any of the above. Thanks.

Joe

I bought a 48" DCS dual fuel, and I regret it.
It seems to be quite overpriced for what it is.
It does not have many features that you would expect
in standard, non-pro-style ranges.
The cooktop burners are very poor at adjusting heat level:
most of the angular range of the knob puts out high heat.
At the low end, there is about 10 degrees where the heat goes
down to medium. There is a simmer setting that is too
low to simmer anything. If you try to set it between
simmer and low, it soots up.

I think that the most recent consumer reports has an article about
pro-style ranges.