Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default screw heads

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 17:10:32 -0700, "Eigenvector" wrote:

The "combo" head seems popular now, fits both square and phillips...
I find them handy for times when I'm just using a couple of screws and can
drive
them without changing whichever bit is in the drill..

mac

I took a look at those and wondered just how strong the phillips portion
would be with most of the center missing. I have square head drives galore,
so its no problem going for the best. Actually some 10 dollar screwdriver
set I picked up for work turned out to be the best purchase I've made in a
while. It has a full set of square and torx in both long and short bits.

I've been buying them for 2 or 3 years and don't seem to have any more
slipping/rounding than with a "normal" #2 Phillips screw...

They're just convenient for me and readily available...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing