Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] manatbandq@hotmail.com is offline

Default doors doors doors, where to get big ones!

On Jul 13, 2:24 pm, Thomarse wrote:
On Jul 13, 1:56 pm, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Thomarse wrote:
On Jul 13, 1:20 pm, "
wrote:
On Jul 13, 1:17 pm, Thomarse wrote:

On Jul 13, 1:12 pm, Thomarse wrote:
Typical, I finally post it and then look on the WIckes site as I have
been doing for weeks and they appear to have what I need... forget my
ramblings!!
They have only a very limited range and will no longer order other
sizes.

See my other post.

MBQ

Thanks for the info and link, very useful... However I'm a little
confused, the prices on the Premdor site are much higher than what
Wickes sell the doors for.. How can this be?

Discount.- Hide quoted text -

I dont see how Premdor can sell a door for £80 and the same door which
has been sold to Wickes by Premdor costs only £20 in Wickes... isnt
the middle man supposed to make it more expensive, so to make a
profit? Obviously Wickes buy them in bulk at a greatly reduced
rate..But surely not so much reduced that they can sell at a quarter
of the price?

Forgot to add, be careful you are comparing like for like. Premdor do
the same pattern doors (at least in some ranges) in the cheap and
cheerful cardboard and wet string variety (ie similar to Wickes)
through to fire door quality.

MBQ