Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recharging Payne Air Conditioning Unit

Dear Andrew,
I've been having stomach pains. I've got a stomach which is
big enough for me. But it isn't working very well. Someone told
me I may have a "hot appendix". I don't feel like going to a
doctor, so please write me directions for cooling my own
appendix.

More to the point. You don't have a real diagnosis, you've
got a SWAG. If you really feel like you want to proceed with your
SWAG, write me back (on this list) and I'll walk you through an
evacuation and recharge procedure for a typical home central AC
system.

But, I'd suggest you call a local service company and tell
them your AC isn't cooling very well. Let the tech figure out the
problem. Yeah, a lot of guys don't know much, but you may get a
good tech.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Andrew" wrote in message
ups.com...
: Hello,
: My home has a Payne 018-060-PA10 air conditioner unit,
which does
: not keep my house very cool. It is big enough for the house.
The
: problem is that the air which comes out of the vents is just
not very
: cold. I have been told that my system may need a recharge. I
have
: already checked and changed the air filter on the blower. The
unit is
: only 2 or 3 years old, and I've hardly used it, so I am
assuming that
: it needs a charge. So, here's the deal. I want to recharge it
: myself. I don't know anything specifically about air
conditioners,
: but I am an engineer and I have lots of tools and instruments.
Can
: someone please explain to me a general synopsis of what I need
to know
: in order to recharge my AC.
:
: thanks,