Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Coburn Dave Coburn is offline

Default Help identify flameproof resistor

OK, is there a way to determine the wattage from the markings?

Eeyore wrote in
:

Dave Coburn wrote:

With the help of online blogs I've been trying to fix my Panasonic my
pt- 47wx49e rear projection TV. I replaced two STK 392-110 as
convergence amps and I found a blown resistor. The problem I have
now is being able to order a replacement resistor. From what I've
learned, it is a flameproof resistor. It's light blue, is marked 2.2
ohms, the only other markings are a J, and a 0, 8 and 9. I guess the
only other info I need is the voltage so I'm asking here for help. I
have the schematics that a kind soul at techlore sent to me but I
dont understand it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You don't need a voltage rating for such a low value resistor. The
voltage across it will be limited by dissipation.

J is the tolerance. (5%).

Graham