Posted to alt.home.repair
zootal zootal is offline

Default bald faced hornet nest - how to remove?

Rudy wrote:
I have discovered a bald faced hornet nest in my garden. It is about the
size of a softball so far
Can I just hit them with horner spray after dark?

For something that small, I'd hit it in the daytime...Wasp spray (shoots
about 10 feet) thoroughly and knock it down..scoop it up into a plastic bag
and dispose... get someone to "watch your back" as you do it in case a
couple "come home" while you re at it.

Or sure, do it at night..BTDT too.

Alas, the dastardly deed is done. I nailed it with some Spectracide
hornet spray. Actually blew a hole in the nest. A dozen dead bees on the
pool cover because the nest was over the pool. Dead or dying larva all
over the place. We did it shortly after dusk, when it was dark enough
that they were all in the nest.