Posted to rec.woodworking
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default screw heads

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:08:51 -0700, "Eigenvector"
wrote:

"xcz" wrote in message
.au...
As far as I see it, it looks like Square head is the new emerging type
for
woodworking.
Works great for me at least
--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski

Yeah I guess I'm not a big fan of phillips or slotted, too many strip
outs.
Of course quality work matters there a lot, but it sure is nice to have a
screw head that grips tight and won't slip out. Square head does seem
like
a champ, have it on all my electrical breakers, but torx is nice too. I'd
just hope they don't do that stupid metric/imperial measuring system
making
me buy twice as many tools.

The "combo" head seems popular now, fits both square and phillips...
I find them handy for times when I'm just using a couple of screws and can
drive
them without changing whichever bit is in the drill..

mac

I took a look at those and wondered just how strong the phillips portion
would be with most of the center missing. I have square head drives galore,
so its no problem going for the best. Actually some 10 dollar screwdriver
set I picked up for work turned out to be the best purchase I've made in a
while. It has a full set of square and torx in both long and short bits.