Posted to rec.woodworking
DanG DanG is offline

Default Splitting Question

It would be important to tell us what diameter of pipe and what
length you need. Be aware, cutting one side of large diameter
pipe can be very dangerous as the pipe can close and bind on the
blade. I think several fellas can give some good input and advice
with the proper information.

If the piece(s) will be fairly short, you can rig a block on the
end of the pipe (hot melt glue?) that will keep you indexed on the
saw table. Be prepared to wedge the cut open to reduce saw bind.
Don't hesitate to consider making a jig or box to use a circle
saw.

--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"MarkS" wrote in message
Hi all,
For a project I am working on I need to split a length of pvc
pipe in half lengthwise. Any suggestions?
Mark