Gunner

Default How the US is to make friends & influence tourists..

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 21:57:26 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 15:09:18 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message

Only place I've ever had to do that is in the totalitarian/communist
countries of Eastern Europe. Not even in China. Not a very high
standard, I must say. And NEVER any &*$#$*&$ fingerprints, ANYWHWERE,
even in the most corrupt, totalitarian hellhole like Romania.

It must have been a while since Gunner travelled abroad. The last time my
passport was held at a hotel desk was in Paris, in 1968. And that was a
student hostel, during Paris's year of the barricades and student-mob
clashes with police.

It's long gone, Gunner.

Ed Huntress

Cool. It has been some time. 1972 IRRC.

Well, the fingerprinting will be long gone in not too many years also.
When the Tangos are no longer a problem.
Perhaps there will be no need for even passports by then. Shrug.

That's a happy thought. I hope it comes true.

Until then, as long as the EU is a haven for Muslim Extremists hell
bent on the demise of the US...I can live with the 2 minute
inconvience to tourists.

It's not something I get worked up about. I think the Europeans will be
fairly understanding, but I'm surprised at the turnaround. The plan was for,
I think, 26 countries that we basically trust, to do the checking and to
produce some kind of secure passport that the US would accept without
further ado. That plan must have run into some kind of problem.

Ed Huntress

If you will take a long look at the current active Anti British/anti
American Muslims living and preaching hate in the UK, its not terribly
surprising. As you are also well aware of , there is a huge huge
Muslim Fundy population in France as well.

It appears that the countries in question are simply unable to come up
with a clearence form of ID, because of either political reasons, or
logistical reasons. My guess is political reasons for the most part.
Canada would also meet that criteria, but we have largely open borders
with them..so it would be nearly impossible.

I noticed with interest the NBC nightly news this evening started
mentioning a gaping hole in our borders..IE with Mexico. They
mentioned the attempts to enter the US has increased 40% this year,
with over 2000 per day making entry. They also mentioned the huge
numbers of europeans, asians, bulgarians, etc who are also entereing
at the same time, illegally side by side with the south americans and
mexicans..

The Ranch Rescue and citizens patrols may have to play a bigger and
more official role in the coming months.

I was also fascinated to see NBC picking holes in the Kerry ads, using
non partisian experts. It was tepid..but its inclusion almost knocked
me out of my chair.

Gunner

"By calling attention to 'a well regulated militia', the 'security' of the
nation, and the right of each citizen 'to keep and bear arms', our founding
fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although
it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave
rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the
Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic
civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to
participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the
Second Amendment will always be important."
-- Senator John F. Kennedy, (D) 1960