Posted to alt.home.repair
Kyle Kyle is offline

Default wireless interconnected AC smoke detectors

On Jul 1, 11:20 am, wrote:
Kyle, I found a review about Kidde smoke detectors at Amazon.com
by a fellow who installed some of them.

[snip]
I found information on installation and setup at the Kidde website:

http://tinyurl.com/2aucf5

I have a definitive answer now, right from Kidde. Apparently, whether
smoke detectors' interconnectivity is wireless or not, most
municipalities require the smoke detectors to be on their own
dedicated circuit.

Now, this is different than on the same WIRE, which hardwired
interconnectivity requires. If you have three separate smoke detectors
you need to run, you can run three wires down to the same breaker on
the circuit box and they will all still sound at the same time.

I'm supposed to install these tomorrow - I'll post the results
sometime soon.