Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default INSPIRATON - Bowl Lathe

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:29:21 -0400, (J T) wrote:

Wed, Jul 11, 2007, 10:05am (EDT-3)

(mac*davis) is now thinking right:
snip Might just be a coincidence, but he's going to build desert rails
in the shop... hmmmmm...

Ah. Welder. Free scrap metal. No worry about buring your own
shop to the ground. Life is good. LMAO Hell yes, make a small one,
prototype, and if that one doesn't work, make another. Repeat until
you've got something that satisfies you, sell th prototypes, and then
make a HBF lathe for youself. Tip, wait until you get it home before
filling it with sand, cement, or whatever.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Yep.. great minds DO think alike.. lol

He's had several machine shops in the states and has a bunch of stuff in
storage.. "wire" welder, "mig" welder, etc... (all Greek to me)

I was thinking that he's turned a few simple projects in my shop and got a kick
out of it, maybe if he saw the advantage of a bowl lathe, he could design and
build a couple..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing