Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Nitrocellulose lacquer over an oil?

Brent wrote:
Hi Folk,

I Love Nitrocellulose (NC) because it dries fast and gives wood
incredible life, unlike anything else I have used, looks like you
can see right into the grain. Add to that it is easy to repair etc.
etc. etc.

I have a piece that I am making out of walnut and want to oil it to
give some depth to the grain and to darken the colour. Can I use NC
lacquer over an oil? (something like teak oil or similar is what I
was thinking of using.)

Not having spray gear, the only lacquer I use is Deft. The
instructions say it can be used over *thoroughly* dried oil and I have
done so, NP.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...