Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Telstra Telstra is offline

Default HVAC Load Calculator

VERY VERY TASSSSSTY
"RicodJour" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 11, 12:25 pm, ValveJob wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 07:54:06 -0500, "Jeff Dieterle"

wrote:
Does anybody have a link to a manual heating & cooling load calculator.
want to size a mini-split system for a 20x30 detached garage addition.
All
I've found on the web are offers to purchase load calculation s/w.

That's 600 square feet and NOT a standard home. I suggest you do 2
tons (24,000 btu).

But if you like it to get cold fast, then 3 or 4 tons.

If you just want to remove the humidity and cool it to 80 on a 95
degree day, then 1 1/2 ton (18,000 btu) will work just fine.

In other words, forget the calc. Completely useless. The important
question is to ask the owner what he wants to accomplish with his AC.

?!