Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default screw heads

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...

Little to choose slotted for anything other than -- well, I can't think of
any reason, really...

Then, you're left w/ appearance. If it is in an area that is visible,
nothing is as good looking imo as the Phillips.

Brass slotted head with all the slots in the same direction looks very nice
on the right application, such as a boat. Even brass hinges with two or
three screws loot better with properly oriented slotted heads, IMO. It
certainly shows that the builder truly cared about his work.

Definitely, but I'd prefer the Phillips over the slotted still in almost
all applications I think...

I really like the oval-head w/ the appropriate hardware and right
countersink size...