Posted to misc.consumers.house
Tomes Tomes is offline

Default Replacing Bathroom Ceiling Fan/light on bottom floor

"krw" et...
Rich Greenberg :

I've also replaced the guts of an old fan unit with the new one,
but
it has to be the same make and model to work.

Which might be hard to come by several years later.

The one I was able to replace was really quite old, 20 years
or more at a guess, and I was surprised to find them still
available at my local hardware. Come to think of it, that
local hardware store may have supplied the original.

If it's anything like my fav hardware store in NY, the replacement
was likely on the shelf when the original was installed. ;-)

I used to have one of these hardware stores near me. I would just go hang
out there and browse around for hours, talking with the folks. Then the
guy retired and sold it out to some other guy who sterilized it into an
ACE pretty looking worthless waste of space. It closed about a year
later. So sad.
Tomes