Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default shower floor draining slow when water is off

wrote:

On Jul 11, 9:23 am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On 11 Jul, 11:20, wrote:

As of now there is water pooling after the water shuts off on a single
16x16 ceramic porcelain tile in my not quite finished shower. The
drain is close to the wall where the valve is and all surrounding
tiles are almost a full bubble of slope. However the tile that is
getting the pooling is only a quarter bubble at most. I am grouted
but not sealed. Should I pop tiles and redo? The water eventually
drains or dries but takes 15-20 minutes at least. Any suggestions?

Aside from the technical aspects of the situation - one bubble vs. a
quarter bubble - consider the emotional aspects.

How much are you going to hate seeing the water pool on that one tile
every time you take a shower? Some people can live with it, while it
will drive other people absolutely nuts. Decide which one you are and
proceed accordingly.

Me, I'd be popping tiles in a second.

What are the chances of breaking other tiles in the process?

I am something of a mad perfectionist about my work, but.......Valium
would be cheaper ) If it drains dry in 15 min. (who times it?) I don't
see a problem with leaving as is. Tearing out all of the tile to redo
it would be a royal pain...any chance that might crack the pan or the
drain? If the water stood longer, it could become a mildew problem, but
it sounds like it would not remain long enough. Doing a partial re-do
would probably leave you with grout areas that don't match. And you
probably wipe down the whole shower after using them, right?