Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default shower floor draining slow when water is off

On 11 Jul, 15:05, wrote:
On Jul 11, 9:23 am, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On 11 Jul, 11:20, wrote:

As of now there is water pooling after the water shuts off on a single
16x16 ceramic porcelain tile in my not quite finished shower. The
drain is close to the wall where the valve is and all surrounding
tiles are almost a full bubble of slope. However the tile that is
getting the pooling is only a quarter bubble at most. I am grouted
but not sealed. Should I pop tiles and redo? The water eventually
drains or dries but takes 15-20 minutes at least. Any suggestions?

Aside from the technical aspects of the situation - one bubble vs. a
quarter bubble - consider the emotional aspects.

How much are you going to hate seeing the water pool on that one tile
every time you take a shower? Some people can live with it, while it
will drive other people absolutely nuts. Decide which one you are and
proceed accordingly.

Me, I'd be popping tiles in a second.

What are the chances of breaking other tiles in the process?- Hide quoted text -

I've installed tile, but I've never had the pleasure of having to
remove just one tile in the middle of a floor.

From what I know, I don't see much danger in damaging other tiles.

Remove the grout, crack the offending tile, remove the pieces and
replace it with one from the 10% extra you bought when you spec'd the
job.

See here for detailed instructions:
http://tinyurl.com/yt9trr