Posted to alt.home.repair
Torpeau Torpeau is offline

Default Rodents (?) in Attic in FL

On 2007-07-11 08:51:23 -0400, Frank said:

I have mice and use traps and poison. The old fashioned mouse trap
works best for me. Little animals don't smell much when they die. It's
tough to seal all openings but you should do that. Saw an
exterminator on TV who set traps along runways where rats may go as
apparently these rodents are near blind and follow wall edges etc. He
did not even have to bait these traps ans the rats would just run into
them.

Thanks, everyone.

Another idea came to me. The attic gets really, really hot this time of
year. Locally, 93° officially, but I'll bet the attic hits 120 or
130. I guess they spend their days outside. Any critters have to
leave for water and putting a bowl with some some salty water in the
attic would make them even thirstier. Probably best to seal their
presumed entrance during the hottest part of the day.