Posted to alt.home.repair

Default where to buy HVAC units for DIY

"tburk" wrote in message
What are good sources for a new HVAC unit for residential use? We just

had
our condenser die and instead of fixing it, its over 20 years old, we want
to replace. I am quite the handyman and want to install it, although I
realize that a call to the technician is required for installing the freon
or other proper coolant.

Thanks for your replies.
Tom

The companies that I know of will not sell to someone who is not in the
trade. Even if they did you would be paying full retail price. Your best
bet is to find someone or a company in the trade that will work with you.
Maybe you could remove the old system and get the site ready for the new
one. Offer to do all clean up and remove trash. You could also install the
electric wiring. You are better off having the installer furnish the
equipment for warranty purposes.