Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Rodents (?) in Attic in FL

On Jul 11, 7:19 am, Torpeau wrote:
For several weeks I have heard noises in the ceiling that indicate we
have some uninvited guests in the crawl space. I understand that
wiring and ductwork can be destroyed and fixing those problems could be
very expensive.

I have set traps up there - wire cages with doors that close when
triggered and I bait them with peanut butter, mouse attractant and
bologna. After severl days and no trapped critters, I am getting
concerned that I need to do something else and soon. I have also
bought poison, but dead animals stinking up the house is unappealing.

Any other ideas?

I have mice and use traps and poison. The old fashioned mouse trap
works best for me. Little animals don't smell much when they die. It's
tough to seal all openings but you should do that. Saw an
exterminator on TV who set traps along runways where rats may go as
apparently these rodents are near blind and follow wall edges etc. He
did not even have to bait these traps ans the rats would just run into
them.
Frank