Posted to alt.home.repair
longshot longshot is offline

Default Rodents (?) in Attic in FL

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Torpeau wrote:
For several weeks I have heard noises in the ceiling that indicate we
have some uninvited guests in the crawl space. I understand that
wiring and ductwork can be destroyed and fixing those problems could
be very expensive.

I have set traps up there - wire cages with doors that close when
triggered and I bait them with peanut butter, mouse attractant and
bologna. After severl days and no trapped critters, I am getting
concerned that I need to do something else and soon. I have also
bought poison, but dead animals stinking up the house is unappealing.

Any other ideas?

One option is to call the local professional. They will know what is
likely in the area and what the most effect approach will be.

It is amazing how much noise even a chameleon or a small bird can make.
It would be a good idea to find out exactly what is up there.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

I bet it's a gator. to determine it's size just count 1 thousand one... 1
thousand 2... up to 5. every 5 seconds between sounds equals one foot. hth
Rob