Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default You don't want basement air upstairs (article post)

In article , kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
t...
In article , kjpro @

usenet.com wrote:

"mm" wrote in message
.. .

Spreading this tainted air around the house can create indoor moisture
and odor issues during winter months.

24 years, and I've only had an odor for 6 weeks at the end of last
winter, and only from one vent. For this I should give up 24 years of
cooling?

You can't smell CO!!!!!

But it can/will KILL you!!!!!!

And you can buy a CO detector at Home Depot for thirty bucks.

That WON'T protect you from low level CO poisoning!!!!!!

What makes you think that?

For that matter, what makes you think that CO levels too low to trigger a
detector constitute "poisoning"? You seem to think that any level at all, no
matter how low, is a deadly poison. Maybe you ought to take a CO meter with
you in the car as you commute to work, and see how much CO you're breathing
from other vehicle's exhaust fumes.

--
Regards,