Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default OT internet service provider question

CM wrote:
We are moving this weekend and just found out there is no high speed
internet service available through the telephone or cable companies
for our home. I have looked at a few dish internet providers but
would like some feedback from others on which one to go with.

There are always options, including one chap I read about who built his own
microwave relay station for surprisingly little money. I think he even makes
a profit by allowing his neighbors piggy-back on his service.

One of my customers, in a (deep) suburb in South Carolina fussed with her
local telephone company for high-speed access. She went up the food chain
until she reached the head of the plant department.

"You know," he said, "we've been planning to upgrade your area but we're
stuck for facilities. If you can let us have a space about the size of a
closet in your building to put in a frame relay, we'll give you T1 service
in lieu of rent."

Is there a school or college in your area? You bet they have high-speed
service. Find out how they do it...