Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Who invented what?

Bob Martin wrote:
in 651519 20070710 091544 Broadback wrote:
RobertL wrote:
On Jul 10, 8:31 am, RobertL wrote:
On Jul 10, 3:12 am, "nightjar" nightjar@insert my surname

here.uk.com wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in ...
OK, so we all 'know' who invented the vacuum cleaner - Hoover. Except
that he didn't - he bought the idea from Spangler. But Hoover brought the
vacuum cleaner to the world as a commercial product.

.. and let's not foget Thomas Crapper who invented the flushing
toilet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Crapper

Robert

Discoveries and inventions are often incorrectly attributed. After all
most are the result of scientific progress which is happening all over
the world. I believe that TV was first run by a Russian, not Baird as
we always thought. Penicillin was not discovered by Flemming, but he was
the team manager, so got the credit.
Anyway off subject a little, what do you think was the greatest
discovery/invention? My vote goes to the person who first put bacon with
eggs!

Clothes.

REMOVABLE clothes.