Posted to misc.consumers.house
krw krw is offline

Default Where to find: casement window fans, air pump

In article ,
says...
krw wrote:
You could make a box out of plywood. Casement windows suck for this
sort of thing (I have them too) but your is big enough that it
shouldn't be too hard to fit a fan into it. Is it protected from the
weather when open? Mine aren't. :-(

Ick. That would be ugly, and would block light from that window. Doubt I
could sell it with the wife. Yes, it's protected from the weather -- there
is a roof eave over the clerestories.

Make the box out of Plexiglass. ;-)

The fan isn't going to do much for the light either. T'ain't nothing
free.

As already pointed out; won't work. I put a 7.5kBTU "window" AC unit
through the wall below a casement window in our bedroom. The 25kBTU
AC in the living room takes care of the rest of the house, at least
as little as we need AC.

I'd like to have an option for spot AC up in the bedroom, but I don't plan
to blow a hole in the wall to do it. I guess there are AC units that are
designed for casement windows (but why not fans !?), but that's not a great
option either. Hm.

Blowing a hole in the wall isn't all that difficult. Under the
window is a perfect place since there is no load; makes it a piece of
cake. The only small issue I had was rerouting a wire using that
space.

--
Keith