Posted to alt.home.repair
tburk tburk is offline

Default where to buy HVAC units for DIY

In my pursuit of the 608II EPA certification, can someone tell me if the
608I is a prerequisit?

Thanks,
Tom

"The Reverend Natural Light" wrote in message
ups.com...

The short answer is, nowhere. Your local suppliers aren't even going
to talk to you. You can buy equipment off Ebay but everything I've
seen comes precharged with R22 so you'll need an EPA 608 II license
just to buy it (which CAN be done, if you're determined enough).

On Jul 10, 8:28 pm, "tburk" wrote:
What are good sources for a new HVAC unit for residential use? We just
had
our condenser die and instead of fixing it, its over 20 years old, we
want
to replace. I am quite the handyman and want to install it, although I
realize that a call to the technician is required for installing the
freon
or other proper coolant.

Thanks for your replies.
Tom