Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Dobony Mike Dobony is offline

Default Leveling a Mobile Home

"dpb" wrote in message ...
Mike Dobony wrote:
...I just need to decide what to use as shims. Maybe good quality 1/2"
OSB in 8" squares? ...

Not OSB unless it is very well protected from the rain/snow/wet...

I don't know. It is UNDER the trailer and has a full skirting. I never had
rain blow up under it, but only lived here a few months. My in-laws have
had a trailer for a few years and never had a problem of rain, snow wet
getting under their trailer.

Ideal would be some steel plate in various thicknesses depending on what
you need.

YIKES!!!!!!!! It is only wood on top of cinder blocks right now. I have to
look to see what kind they used.

Make do, would be treated, but I can make whatever thickness I want.

I don't know what a regular installer would use and I've never actually
done one, but I think OSB ain't a real good choice...

I never thought OSB was good for much, but termites hate the taste of the
glue used in OSB.