Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default electrician hourly charges

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:42:10 -0500, "jsanders"
wrote:

I need to know what is a fair charge electricians are chageing to do the
wiring for a 30 by 28 size basement. I live in the Andover New Jersey
area. He is charging me $2400.00 in labor for about 10 to fourteen hours
of work and won't give me a breakdown on the number of hours rendered.

The $240 an hour is high for one electrician. Around here, it's about
$40-80 an hour. You can find out if your estimate is fair by getting
2-3 more estimates. If there is a great difference in these
estimates, get a few more. Check if the one you pick is certified,
bonded and insured.