Ed Huntress

Default How the US is to make friends & influence tourists..

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 08:22:44 GMT, the renowned Gunner
wrote:

..

When was the last time you had to leave your passport with the front
desk at any motel/hotel in the US?

Gunner

Only place I've ever had to do that is in the totalitarian/communist
countries of Eastern Europe. Not even in China. Not a very high
standard, I must say. And NEVER any &*$#$*&$ fingerprints, ANYWHWERE,
even in the most corrupt, totalitarian hellhole like Romania.

It must have been a while since Gunner travelled abroad. The last time my
passport was held at a hotel desk was in Paris, in 1968. And that was a
student hostel, during Paris's year of the barricades and student-mob
clashes with police.

It's long gone, Gunner.

Ed Huntress