Abso

Default Glueless laminate floor and glue..

"Grunff" wrote in message
Abso wrote:

snip
Does the "glueless" in glueless laminate floor refer to the fact that the
floor isn't glued to the floorboards / slab below, but not necessarily

that it
isn't glued together? Seems a bit daft if that's the case, but I can't

think
of another explanation for the instructions involving glueing of the

planks.

Look at the tongues and grooves. Are they profiled so they lock
together?

Yes they are.

If yes, then no glue is required.

Oh right, cool.

But - if you're installing it in a kitchen or bathroom, then
you'd glue it. The instructions are merely telling you when
you'd apply the glue if you were going to glue.

So you'd only glue when you need a waterproof seal? That doesn't apply to my
living room then. Ta for the reply.

--
Abso