Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default "DIY Disasters" ....TV's worst ever DIY show?

On 2007-07-10 11:24:54 +0100, Rick J H said:

snip
I forgot... one show that I do find useful is Dave Wellman's "New Home
DIY". No humour whatsoever; just good, informative house repair and
renovation DIY.

Haven't seen that one.

Caught a couple of episodes the other day (kitchen and bedroom refits
IIRC). IMO - if you want BASIC information it's probably OK but if
you're looking for anything more, forget it. Perhaps it was just those
two programmes but the host seemed to be attempting to educate total
numb-sculls...

1) Bring back Barry Bucknall

Let's not go too far, He was the culprit behind paneling doors in hardboard.

2) there was a programme about a couple renovating a very old fortified
farm in Northumberland. They did it all without power tools, and had to
bring all materials about 1 mile up a track in and old utility truck.
The "tiles" they put on the roof were heavier and bigger than most
patio slabs. They had my admiration!

Yes but it was the north east. They do that kind of heavy manual
labour there - coal mining and such like.