Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Paul Burke Paul Burke is offline

Default Internal wiring of USA v UK mains plug

Spurious Response wrote:

Except that you cannot place your veggies in there, or any other
cooking need.

Hey, you never met my dad. He used to boil eggs in the electric kettle.
I think you can place your stuff in there, it's getting it out again
that's the problem. But if you've forgotten to let the Beaujolais settle
to room temperature, DON'T try putting it in the electric kettle for a
quick boost.

Some people do more than drink tea.

All those civil servants sitting around drinking endless cups of tea.
But if the cups are endless, how do they get the tea out?

We use continuously boiling water...those are the only needs I have

Some people are so easily satisfied.