Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default "DIY Disasters" ....TV's worst ever DIY show?

":Jerry:" wrote in message
reenews.net...

On 2007-07-10 12:14:29 +0100, ":Jerry:" said:

snip

These days most seem to consider having power tools is a pre-requisite
to doing any DIY! :~(

Clearly that isn't true either.

The DIY supermarkets have (cynically) decided on prices that the market
will bear and useless trinkets (laser sights) that will attract the
punters and have sourced and priced junk power tool products to address
that market.

This is what leads to the confusion as to what constitutes DIY and tools
to execute DIY work.

I don't blame the sheds at all [1], what I do blame are the 'Makeover'
(how I detest that word) type programmes - as long as you have to *power
tools* you can do the job, never mind needing skill, the *power tools*
will take car of things...

Especially if it's a Makita with full technical support and spares on the
shelf and a free support tel No. Boy will the holes be round.