Posted to uk.d-i-y
:Jerry: :Jerry: is offline

Default "DIY Disasters" ....TV's worst ever DIY show?

On 2007-07-10 11:24:54 +0100, Rick J H said:

snip

What's "an ordinary DIYer"?

Someone who isn't a tool collector

Perhaps that should be - "Someone who isn't a *power* tool collector"

I can still remember when my father bought his first power tool, a
basic B&D corded electric drill, this would have been around 40 years
ago - up until then he used either a bevel geared drill, a bit and
brace or - for masonry - a hammer and raw plug 'chisel' (can't think
of the correct name).

These days most seem to consider having power tools is a pre-requisite
to doing any DIY! :~(