Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default You don't want basement air upstairs (article post)

On Jul 9, 3:17 pm, "Charles" wrote:
wrote in message

... the amount of cooling is miniscule in any case.

Would you have any evidence for this article of faith? :-)

No, just that I tried it (anecdotal evidence is not really evidence, of
course).

Southwest PA ... a little town ...http://www.city-data.com/city/Roscoe-Pennsylvania.html

Lived there for 5 years and really sweltered in August ... a low altitude
river town with no breeze ... surrounding hills on both sides. The cool
basement air was enticing ... but it just didn't work.

Moved to the top of a hill ... highly recommended! Also, AC is highly
recommended. BTW, the radon gas thing originated in SW PA.

I have often considered intalling a vent in the basement. Would have
to operate it manually (once/season).

My practice is to turn the furnace fan on continuous plus a box
hallway fan (hanging from the ceiling) the combination keeps the AC
from coming hours later than it would without the fan. If I had the
basement vent, it would help even more.

Harry K