Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default hanging curtains on soft walls

Hank wrote:
On Jul 9, 2:54 pm, niki wrote:

I have been trying to hang curtains in my daughters room and the walls
are sooo soft they just fall down. The Screws just rip right out and
leave a big nasty hole in the wall! I even tried using these little
plasic things that you put in the wall first and then the screw. Then
I have even a bigger holes. Any Ideas?
Please Help....
Thanks,
Nicole

Have you tried molly bolts the hold from the back side of the wall?
They look like a letter ' T ' that can collapse and slip into a hole
in the wall then they pop open and hold the item from the rear.

I theenk you mean "toggle bolts", and yes, they will do the job even
better than "Mollys", particularly if Hank has already made those
"bigger and nastier holes" in the wall.

Mollys expand when you tighten their screws and leave a firmly mounted
threaded insert in the wall which lets you remove the screw and replace
it for stuff like wall painting.

With toggle bolts, if you have to remove the screw you lose the toggle
down the inside of the wall and need to obtain a new one to refasten
things with.

Capice?

Jeff

--